Sunday, May 30, 2010

Plunge.

Oh how I have missed blogging.  I keep thinking about it but this week has gotten away from me.  My friend Jess, from high school has been visiting this week and it has been good.  We have not seen each other since my birthday 3 years ago.  I cannot believe it!
My list of "to-do's" is getting longer as each day goes on. I feel like the summer is already flying by too quickly.  Asher has left for Africa and will be there until June 5th.  It was so good talking to her before she left.  We talked, cried and prayed.  Yes, we are those people that make each other call the other before and after we fly somewhere.  Though she wasn't able to call when she got there I have gotten some good updates and she is able to blog about her trip.  If you want to check it out head on over to Sole Hope !

One thing I have been wanting to blog about is something the Lord has been working on in my life.  Last Sunday I was baptized!  This is HUGE for me and I never thought I would do it again as I was baptized as an infant.  Here is a little bit of what I wrote right after I decided to take the plunge:

"Praise the Lord!  He is so good.  I cannot believe I am even sitting here saying this but I know without a doubt I am ready to be baptized again.  I sit here with tears ready to well up in my eyes and butterflies in my stomach.  It is 12:51 am on May 19, 2010 and I don’t think I will be sleeping anytime soon. 

I have always had a harsh stance that because I was baptized as an infant I didn’t need to do it again.  I don’t think in anyway that it didn’t “count” but it was not an act of faith on my part like it talks about over and over in the Bible.  I want to do this as an act of faith.  Saying that I am dying to my old self, one that didn’t desire Him, His word or His will.  I am saying that I am choosing to follow Him and that I am a new creation in Him. 
Just a few years ago I would have never even considered it.  I was against the thought of me having to re-do what was done 24 years ago.  But I didn’t know what I truly believed about baptism.  I always said the Lord would have to work in my heart and I would only do it if it was of Him, never out of pressure from the church or peers.
The Lord has been working on and in me for the past three years, a lot.  I look back on the beginning and it blows me away how far I have come, or maybe it just means I was really bad off.  Over the past three or so months he has been hard-core about refining me and getting me where he wants me.  I have never seen the fruit I am seeing from him and my hardships and it is such a joy in the dark times.  I am seeing Him in a new light and I for the first time I delight in Him!  Just in the past three days I have sat down to read the Bible just to read it!  For me this is HUGE.  I look forward to it and am excited to know what happens.  I am hungering for his Word and what it says.  Praise Him!  I am learning I need to not only seek his hands for healing but I need to seek His face. I need to seek Him for a relationship despite whether he chooses to heal me or not.  I desire for Him to inhibit me and encompass all that I am. 
I am so blessed to have such a wonderful, God-loving husband.  He has been so supportive of me and journey.  He has prayed with me, cried with me, loved on me, counseled me and sat with me.  He supports me when I am weary and cannot go any further.  He carries my burdens with me.  Thank you Lord.
I see what I have been missing all these years.. I see that I was off in my thinking and my way of falling in love with my Lord.  I kept Him at an arms length and allowed myself to govern my life. I am so excited to see our relationship grow.  I am excited to stand in front of my church family and as an act of faith and an outward sign of what has happened in my heart be submerged in the water and come up and take my first breath of a new person, a new me and a new creation. "


There is my heart.  I have been so excited to share it.  

I plan on doing Josiah's one year shoot (well more like 13 1/2 month but who's counting?!) this week.  I have been so bad at getting it done.. like I said time is flying.  Off to make my grocery shopping list.  Enjoy your evening!

1 comments:

Anonymous June 5, 2010 at 1:07 PM  

BEAUTIFUL! WONDERFUL! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP