Monday, June 21, 2010

training.

It has been one of those days.  All I can say is I am now sitting here with a glass of wine and some homemade fudge chilling in the fridge.  
Oh boy.  I have been reading To Train Up a Child by Michael and Debi Pearl and it has been a huge eye opener. THIS IS A MSUT READ FOR ALL PARENTS ( and it is short)!!!!
 It is amazing how at 14 months Josiah is already trained SO much with things that I don't want him to be trained in.  Yes, so we are now trying to re-train him that no, every time he sees the diaper bag he does not have to whine and fuss thinking I will give him his "treats".  This is one of many.  It just makes it rough sometimes.  They talk about how it is so important to train your child so that you don't always have to resort to discipline.  I love that idea.  It just can wear on you because if you are not 100% consistent it wont work.  I have been only about 70% with him and that is where are problems start.  
Long story short I am tired but I do see some progress.  He has started signing "please" and "more" this past week.  So cute.  I love it.  We have started making him sit down on the kitchen floor to eat his snacks and so it is the most adorable thing to tell him to sit down and he just plops right down.  Are you Kidding me?!!!  I love that boy.  
I will be uploading some new images soon.  Stay tuned.

Thanks for listening to me. 

 enjoy your night and maybe a glass of wine.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP